Kindergartner dresses as his school security officer for ‘favorite person day’
JACKSONVILLE, Arkansas — Who’s your favorite person in the world?
For Kindergartener Easton Blocker from Jacksonville, his favorite person is his best friend Officer Jeffery Cross.
The 5-year old quickly went viral after dressing up as his school security officer and best friend for Bobby G Lester Elementary’s Dress as Your Favorite Person Day.”
Blocker’s photo quickly went viral after showing him in matching neon shirts standing next to Officer Cross.
“From day one, he has always had a fascination with Officer Cross,” Easton’s mom Lauryn told Atlanta’s 11 Alive News.
“He tells me every day; Officer Cross keeps us safe from the bad guys, mommy,” Lauryn said. “It’s reassuring.”
Cross says he’s honored to be thought of so highly.
“It makes me appreciate my job more,” Cross said.
“Just for the fact that he shows his appreciation and he hugs me every day when he sees me every morning. It really makes my day.”
Today’s Top Stories
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient
- Sen. Mike Lee fends off 2 opponents to win Utah GOP primary
- Suspect taken into custody after firing shots in Kearns
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Two people are in critical condition following two-vehicle car crash
- Intermountain Healthcare study finds “better” IV fluid treatment
- Breyer makes it official: He’s leaving the Supreme Court on Thursday at noon
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio