Kindergartner dresses as his school security officer for ‘favorite person day’
JACKSONVILLE, Arkansas — Who’s your favorite person in the world?
For Kindergartener Easton Blocker from Jacksonville, his favorite person is his best friend Officer Jeffery Cross.
The 5-year old quickly went viral after dressing up as his school security officer and best friend for Bobby G Lester Elementary’s Dress as Your Favorite Person Day.”
Blocker’s photo quickly went viral after showing him in matching neon shirts standing next to Officer Cross.
“From day one, he has always had a fascination with Officer Cross,” Easton’s mom Lauryn told Atlanta’s 11 Alive News.
“He tells me every day; Officer Cross keeps us safe from the bad guys, mommy,” Lauryn said. “It’s reassuring.”
Cross says he’s honored to be thought of so highly.
“It makes me appreciate my job more,” Cross said.
“Just for the fact that he shows his appreciation and he hugs me every day when he sees me every morning. It really makes my day.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Officer-involved shooting causes delays on I-15 in Davis County
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Man arrested in relation to Provo Towne Center Mall bomb threat
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- The DWR to update management of black bears
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac dead at 79
- Salt Lake City Police investigate deadly auto-pedestrian collision