Intermountain – Coronavirus
The signs of the novel coronavirus- COVID-19 include fever, cough, and shortness of breath, with severity ranging from mild to severe. Coronaviruses have existed as a cause for common respiratory illnesses, COVID-19 is a new strain.
Currently, the risk you have is low unless you have traveled into an infected region where it has been spread throughout the area or if you’ve been in close contact with someone who has been known to have the virus.
If you are concerned that you could have COVID-19, then you can contact your doctor first or be screened by a Connect Care provider through a telehealth visit. Before you go to the doctor, call ahead and let them know about your travel and symptoms to limit potential exposure to others.
Avoid close contact with people who are sick. If you are sick yourself, stay home and keep sick children at home from school. For more information visit health.utah.gov.
SelectHealth recognizes that staying healthy is another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Home prices in Salt Lake City harbinger of a national trend?
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Be on lookout for suspicious vehicle in Nephi
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Time Out on the Field
- Citations against people experiencing homelessness ‘not effective’ according to…