City Creek Center closing due to COVID-19
SALT LAKE CITY– City Creek Center is closing effective immediately because the downtown Salt Lake City mall learned a shopper tested positive for COVID-19 coronavirus.
City Creek officials said they will close the center “out of an abundance of caution,” after discovering a shopper with a confirmed case of coronavirus entered the mall on March, 10th.
“To help ensure the safety of customers and employees, the center’s common areas will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected today,” said City Creek officials.
1 of 2: Out of an abundance of caution, City Creek Center is closing today, effective immediately. We learned a shopper, confirmed to have COVID-19, was in the center on March 10.
— City Creek Center (@CityCreekCenter) March 12, 2020
City Creek officials anticipate the mall will reopen for business tomorrow, March, 13th.
City Creek offices and residences will remain open throughout the day.
This is a developing story and will be updated when more information becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- BYU students win international award for video game
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Salt Lake City Police Department hosts holiday Pay-it-Forward event
- Snowball Express arrives at Salt Lake City Airport
- Senate passes Romney-sponsored bill to fund Great Salt Lake study