City Creek Center closing due to COVID-19
SALT LAKE CITY– City Creek Center is closing effective immediately because the downtown Salt Lake City mall learned a shopper tested positive for COVID-19 coronavirus.
City Creek officials said they will close the center “out of an abundance of caution,” after discovering a shopper with a confirmed case of coronavirus entered the mall on March, 10th.
“To help ensure the safety of customers and employees, the center’s common areas will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected today,” said City Creek officials.
1 of 2: Out of an abundance of caution, City Creek Center is closing today, effective immediately. We learned a shopper, confirmed to have COVID-19, was in the center on March 10.
— City Creek Center (@CityCreekCenter) March 12, 2020
City Creek officials anticipate the mall will reopen for business tomorrow, March, 13th.
City Creek offices and residences will remain open throughout the day.
This is a developing story and will be updated when more information becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Tooele City releases fireworks restrictions map
- UPDATE: SLCPD investigating party shooting that left one in critical condition
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- Semi-truck rolls on I-80 at U.S.-40, Silver Creek Junction