All AMC theaters to close
In an announcement made Tuesday morning, AMC theaters announced that they will be closing their movie theaters for the next six to twelve weeks.
“Effective today, all 630 AMC locations in the country will close for at least six to 12 weeks, in compliance with local, state and federal directives, and as a precaution to help ensure the health and safety of our guests and theatre staff,” the company said on Facebook.
They say that all AMC Stubs A-list memberships will be paused automatically and hope to be able to reopen when the coronavirus situation improves.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Get Ready for Fun at the 2023 Bear Lake Monster Winterfest
- Utah safety officials, NAACP, react to death of Tyre Nichols
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Three teens in custody after fight, shooting at Taylorsville High
- Salt Lake City traffic stop leads to drug bust, illegal gun recovered