Two dead after head on collision
LAYTON, Utah — Police say that a 50-year-old woman and a 30-year-old man have died after they were involved in a head-on collision on Highway 89 in Layton.
The accident happened late Tuesday night just after 11 pm around Oak Hills Dr. and Pinewood Lane near the Layton-Kaysville border.
Police say that the collision happened when a Mazda sedan driven by the 30-year-old man southbound traveled into the northbound lanes for unknown reasons and struck a Kia SUV driven by the 50-year-old woman.
Officers said the impact was so powerful that one of the vehicles lost its engine, which ejected and caught fire.
The victims have not bee identified yet and police that they are still investigating but say that the weather did not appear to be a factor.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Air Force unveils newest stealth bomber aircraft
- Former Utah Sen. Jake Garn to be honored with art tribute on Saturday
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse