Two dead after head on collision
LAYTON, Utah — Police say that a 50-year-old woman and a 30-year-old man have died after they were involved in a head-on collision on Highway 89 in Layton.
The accident happened late Tuesday night just after 11 pm around Oak Hills Dr. and Pinewood Lane near the Layton-Kaysville border.
Police say that the collision happened when a Mazda sedan driven by the 30-year-old man southbound traveled into the northbound lanes for unknown reasons and struck a Kia SUV driven by the 50-year-old woman.
Officers said the impact was so powerful that one of the vehicles lost its engine, which ejected and caught fire.
The victims have not bee identified yet and police that they are still investigating but say that the weather did not appear to be a factor.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- North Tooele Fire District Chief resigns following allegations of wrongdoing
- Faith leaders change rules against guns on church property
- 8-year-old boy struck by car in Riverton, suffers head injury
- WB I-80 shut down after a crash between two semis and a Utah Highway Patrol car
- Taun Beddes explains how to care for Pothos on KSL Greenhouse
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Bicycle Collective
- Project Recovery: Sarah Frei talks about losing legs to DUI driver’s crash