8 injured after car hits TRAX
SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah — Five people are critically injured after a car crash hitting a TRAX train Sunday afternoon, authorities said. The crash occurred when a black SUV hit the side of the train at 210 W. 3300 South, South Salt Lake firefighters confirm.
There were eight passengers in the SUV, and they were all taken to the hospital. Five of them are listed as being in critical condition.
The northbound train is expected to remain derailed for hours.
This story is breaking and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Schools, commute delayed by early morning lake effect snow
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- Tracking snowplows in SLC
- Snow storm brings highly dangerous avalanche conditions
- State intends to appeal vacated death sentence of Utah man
- Pence says Trump was ‘wrong’ for dinner with Holocaust denier
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Native tribes of Utah are given their chance to offer historical perspectives on museum artifacts
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success