Tooth Fairy and Easter Bunny, added as crucial essential workers in New Zealand
(CNN) — Kids, you can rest easy. The coronavirus will not prevent the Tooth Fairy and Easter Bunny from visiting you with presents.
You can thank New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern, who added the two
mythical definitely real characters to the list of essential workers.
— CNN International (@cnni) April 7, 2020
“You’ll be pleased to know that we consider both the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny to be essential workers,” Ardern said at a news conference Monday. “But as you can imagine, at this time, of course, they’re going to be potentially quite busy at home with their family as well and their own bunnies.”
“So I say to the children of New Zealand, if the Easter Bunny doesn’t make it to your household, we have to understand that it’s a bit difficult at the moment perhaps for the bunny to get everywhere,” Ardern added.
The Prime Minister went on to suggest that families could create Easter egg hunts for their neighborhood while respecting social distancing by drawing colored eggs and taping them to the front windows of their homes.
Ardern announced a nationwide lockdown on March 25. New Zealand has a much lower death toll than the rest of the world. As of Monday, the country has one confirmed death and 1,106 cases of the coronavirus, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.
™ & © 2020 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Man arrested in relation to Provo Towne Center Mall bomb threat
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Hidden cameras found in restrooms in U of U Student Life Center, suspect in custody
- Two people hurt in auto-pedestrian collision in Orem
- Officer-involved shooting causes delays on I-15 in Davis County
- SLC Police arrest man for burglarizing two law offices
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Salt Lake City Police investigate deadly auto-pedestrian collision