DIY Easter ideas you can do with your family
SALT LAKE CITY — For those who are doing their best to not make that trip to the store but still want their little ones to enjoy a visit from the Easter Bunny, here are some DIY Easter ideas with how to make it all happen using things you can find around the house.
No Easter Basket? No Problem
There are a few options for making homemade baskets with items that you can find around the house. Paper might possibly be the most versatile and hopefully the most accessible.
The design in this video by a YouTuber called createwithjenn, is not only quick and simple, but it is also adorable.
If you are out of paper there are still options. If you can find an object that can be modified to hold stuff in it, then all you really need is a handle and some decorations. Another option would be finding something in your home that is already shaped to hold things in it like a terracotta pot you can decorate.
Homemade Easter Eggs
It seems balloons are the key to making easter eggs that can be filled with little treats. One Idea as shown on the YouTube channel Easy Kids Craft shows you how to make ornate easter eggs that you can fill, using glue, water, yarn, and small balloons.
Of course, if that is too much to handle and you still have little water balloons, you could always stuff some candy in the balloons themselves, fill them up with a little air and have little easter balloons.
DIY Easter Ideas Include Dye
If you were planning on dying hard-boiled eggs but don’t have any dye, there are some natural ways to get some colors on those plain white eggshells. You can always just color your eggs with crayon or attempt watercolor paints, but Allrecipes UK has a video that shows how you can dye your eggs with items that may be sitting in your fridge.
Some seem to work better than others but here is a list of which items can help make which colors:
Spinach for a greenish tint
Red cabbage for blue
Tumeric for yellow
Blueberries for a bluish-purple hue
Beetroot for a pinkish-red color
Onion Skins for maroon
With all of these DIY Easter ideas, it seems like we can keep our loved ones safe and have fun this Easter weekend.
Today’s Top Stories
- State intends to appeal vacated death sentence of Utah man
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Utah well-represented during international gymnastics competition
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Power outage in Murray leaves 4,943 customers without power
- International airlines suspend some US flights over 5G uncertainty
- Utah Naloxone and law enforcement reach milestone in preventing overdose deaths
- 1st death from Hurricane Ida; power out across New Orleans
- Native tribes of Utah are given their chance to offer historical perspectives on museum artifacts
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident