Victim from fatal Redwood Rd. crash is identified
SALT LAKE CITY — Police have identified a man who died in an auto accident on Redwood Road yesterday.
West Valley City police say Jesus Torres, age 19, was erratically driving southbound on Redwood Road around 10:30 on Saturday night.
Sgt. John Pittman says Torres made a lane change and “pulled in front of [the other car] too quickly.” At that point, Pittman says Torres spun out and hit a tree.
The driver was ejected from the car and died on the scene, police said.
Witnesses told police Torres “abruptly pulled into the lane of the other vehicle, striking the bumper of the other vehicle and causing Jesus’ vehicle to slide [into the tree].”
Police say no charges will be filed against the other driver involved in the accident.
According to KSL.com, this was the second fatal accident that happened on Saturday which involved a lane change and the ejection of the driver. In the first case, a man died when his sports car hit a semi on State Route 201 in South Salt Lake.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Transit Authority closes Ballpark Station due to debris on tracks
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- 21-year-old man sentenced for multiple sex crimes
- The Queen Center
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- BYU engineering students put ‘world’s smallest Book of Mormon’ on 4 inch disc
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Stay Home
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- Annual Golden Key Awards presented to local businesses