Victim from fatal Redwood Rd. crash is identified
SALT LAKE CITY — Police have identified a man who died in an auto accident on Redwood Road yesterday.
West Valley City police say Jesus Torres, age 19, was erratically driving southbound on Redwood Road around 10:30 on Saturday night.
Sgt. John Pittman says Torres made a lane change and “pulled in front of [the other car] too quickly.” At that point, Pittman says Torres spun out and hit a tree.
The driver was ejected from the car and died on the scene, police said.
Witnesses told police Torres “abruptly pulled into the lane of the other vehicle, striking the bumper of the other vehicle and causing Jesus’ vehicle to slide [into the tree].”
Police say no charges will be filed against the other driver involved in the accident.
According to KSL.com, this was the second fatal accident that happened on Saturday which involved a lane change and the ejection of the driver. In the first case, a man died when his sports car hit a semi on State Route 201 in South Salt Lake.
Today’s Top Stories
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- Biden to test run his reelection message in his first State of the Union to a divided Congress
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Lockout lifted for Hunter High and Hunter Elementary Schools
- Rep. Stewart: Lessons to be learned from Chinese spy balloon, doubts it ever flew over Utah
- Course certification now required for OHV driving on Utah public land