Late night SLC hit-and-run hospitalizes man
SALT LAKE CITY — A man is in the hospital after a late-night hit-and-run accident on State Street between 700 and 800 South.
Police say the man was jaywalking through a dark spot of the roadway when he fell on the street and was hit by a car.
Police found the man lying on the road and they quickly performed CPR.
The man was flown to University of Utah Hospital. Cops say he is in “pretty rough shape.”
Witnesses and police say the driver failed to stop after the impact.
“[The] pedestrian ended up flying over the car,” explains Lt. Dave Cracroft, with Salt Lake City Police. “The car kept going and made no attempt to stop.”
Police are now looking for a black Dodge Charger or black Dodge Challenger that may have significant front-end damage.
The block where the incident took place was shut down until at least 2 a.m. Officers are talking with the pizza restaurant nearby (Wild Pepper Pizza) to hopefully obtain video.
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk, again, tried to cross roads near I-215/I-80 interchange in SLC
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility
- Opinion: Is sportsmanship dead in high school basketball?
- Missing radioactive capsule from Rio Tinto mine found on Australian road
- Suspect in Layton Amber Alert charged
- Suspect arrested and named, victim identified after shooting in Taylorsville
- Alpine schools investigating “suspicious” computer activity
- Fed approves small rate hike, nodding to improved inflation outlook