Late night SLC hit-and-run hospitalizes man
SALT LAKE CITY — A man is in the hospital after a late-night hit-and-run accident on State Street between 700 and 800 South.
Police say the man was jaywalking through a dark spot of the roadway when he fell on the street and was hit by a car.
Police found the man lying on the road and they quickly performed CPR.
The man was flown to University of Utah Hospital. Cops say he is in “pretty rough shape.”
Witnesses and police say the driver failed to stop after the impact.
“[The] pedestrian ended up flying over the car,” explains Lt. Dave Cracroft, with Salt Lake City Police. “The car kept going and made no attempt to stop.”
Police are now looking for a black Dodge Charger or black Dodge Challenger that may have significant front-end damage.
The block where the incident took place was shut down until at least 2 a.m. Officers are talking with the pizza restaurant nearby (Wild Pepper Pizza) to hopefully obtain video.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Transit Authority closes Ballpark Station due to debris on tracks
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- 21-year-old man sentenced for multiple sex crimes
- BYU engineering students put ‘world’s smallest Book of Mormon’ on 4 inch disc
- The Queen Center
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- Stay Home
- Man in custody after hours of negotiation in Orem home