Megaplex Theaters reopening for private family screenings
Megaplex Theaters have announced that they will be reopening for private family movie viewings at select locations.
The theater group made the announcement on Twitter on Wednesday. Theaters will be available to rent to play one of their current movie offerings. They will include seating for up to 20 people with popcorn and a drink for everyone.
We are now offering private family movie viewings at select locations! For $375, our package includes seating for up to 20, popcorn and a drink for each family member, and a movie of your choice from our current list of offerings. Contact Julene at 801-304-4451 to learn more. pic.twitter.com/iDTs6VCyKL
— Megaplex Theatres (@megaplextheatre) May 13, 2020
Megaplex says the package will run for $375 and be available at The District, Thanksgiving Point, Legacy Crossing, and Pineview.
Megaplex Theaters president Blake Andersen told KSL’s LiveMic with Lee Lonsberry that the reopening was always something they were looking to do.
“In Utah where we’ve done a fairly good job of managing this virus and this situation, it’s very likely that we’ll be one of the earlier theater chains to be able to open up.”
Anderson says they’ve been working with studios to bring back classic films as well as other films that were in the rotation when the theaters closed their doors.
You can hear the full conversation that Lee had with Andersen below.
Live Mic with Lee Lonsberry can be heard weekdays from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. on KSL NewsRadio. Users can find the show on the KSL NewsRadio website and app.
Today’s Top Stories
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Suspect in Wednesday’s I-15 shooting is named, booked into jail
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Semi rollover on Legacy Highway reduces traffic to one lane
- Who are SuperAgers and are you one?
- Victim in fatal auto pedestrian crash was 11 years old, investigation continues
- Hidden cameras found in restrooms in U of U Student Life Center, suspect in custody