UPDATE: South Jordan shelter-in-place lifted, suspect in police custody
SOUTH JORDAN — South Jordan police have taken a man into custody and have lifted a shelter in place order issued on Thursday morning.
The shelter-in-place order was issued for the area in South Jordan near 11000 S. and Cadbury Drive, due to police activity which began after a report of a suspicious vehicle at the Walmart at 113328 S. Jordan Gateway.
Police say they were negotiating with a man who had hidden in a private backyard. The exact location of the yard was not provided.
Police say the man displayed a gun, but that the situation was under their control.
The man, who’s identity has not been released, was taken into police custody near noon on Thursday.
We have reporters on the way and will update this article as more information is made available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Brigham City Police locate missing teenager
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- New photo of Gabby Petito raises questions
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Ogden Police looking for driver that hit a crossing guard
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers