UPDATE: South Jordan shelter-in-place lifted, suspect in police custody
SOUTH JORDAN — South Jordan police have taken a man into custody and have lifted a shelter in place order issued on Thursday morning.
The shelter-in-place order was issued for the area in South Jordan near 11000 S. and Cadbury Drive, due to police activity which began after a report of a suspicious vehicle at the Walmart at 113328 S. Jordan Gateway.
Police say they were negotiating with a man who had hidden in a private backyard. The exact location of the yard was not provided.
Police say the man displayed a gun, but that the situation was under their control.
The man, who’s identity has not been released, was taken into police custody near noon on Thursday.
We have reporters on the way and will update this article as more information is made available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Cottonwood High School wins football game in bizarre fashion
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- September was the hottest month in Salt Lake City and it wasn’t close
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Day 1 in ‘landmark case’ for animal rights
- Man in possession of fentanyl pills, heroin arrested at SLC airport
- Utah Gov. turns 56 bills into new Utah laws, several involve Bears Ears
- Supreme Court’s top cases for new term, new Justice Jackson