(CNN) — An earthquake with an initial magnitude of 6.4 hit Nevada on Friday morning, about 225 miles northwest of Las Vegas near the California border, the US Geological Survey says.
The quake occurred at 4:03 a.m. local time, the USGS says. It was 4.7 miles deep. At least four aftershocks were reported.
It was about 35 miles west of the town of Tonopah, east of the Sierra Nevada range.
This is a breaking story. We will update shortly.
™ & © 2020 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
- Transcript of Lori Daybell’s call to Chad Daybell on day of children’s discovery | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 12852)
- Transcript of Lori Daybell's call to Chad Daybell on day of children's discovery (pageviews: 11168)
- Full transcript of Lori Daybell secret phone call recording (pageviews: 9642)
- Police investigate shots fired at Provo MTC (pageviews: 7154)
- Full transcript of Lori Daybell secret phone call recording | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 4767)
- Fatal officer-involved shooting in Kearns (pageviews: 3897)
- Chad Daybell in court, prosecution offers new details (pageviews: 3169)
- Police investigate shots fired at Provo MTC | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 2884)