Update: Large fire in Toquerville closes down SR 17 highway
TOQUERVILLE — A fire in Toquerville has closed down the SR 17 highway in both directions. It is estimated to be 350 acres in size and is driven by high winds.
Federal, state and local wildfire agencies are on the scene trying to extinguish the flames.
Firefighters are beginning to get the upper hand on the fire and the smoke has now cleared.
30 structures are reported to be threatened by the fire
This is a developing story.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake City Police respond to five different incidents with weapons
- Draper City suing Geneva Rock, the mining company at Point of the Mountain
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Associated Food Stores name David Rice as its new CEO/President
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Utah rental prices continue to soar
- Utah homes have some of the highest levels of radon gas
- Motorhome crash in Idaho sends two Utahns to the hospital
- Intermountain Healthcare announces plans to build hospital in Ephraim
- Paragliding crash in Milcreek leaves one in critical condition