Update: Large fire in Toquerville closes down SR 17 highway
TOQUERVILLE — A fire in Toquerville has closed down the SR 17 highway in both directions. It is estimated to be 350 acres in size and is driven by high winds.
Federal, state and local wildfire agencies are on the scene trying to extinguish the flames.
Firefighters are beginning to get the upper hand on the fire and the smoke has now cleared.
30 structures are reported to be threatened by the fire
This is a developing story.
Today’s Top Stories
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- New photo of Gabby Petito raises questions
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- House Speaker Wilson expresses disappointment in Biden’s State of the Union Address
- Ogden Police looking for driver that hit a crossing guard
- Rep. Stewart: Lessons to be learned from Chinese spy balloon