Chad Daybell pleads not guilty to two felony charges
MADISON COUNTY, Idaho– Chad Daybell plans to plead not guilty to two felony counts of concealment or destruction of evidence.
Court documents filed on Monday by Daybell’s attorney, John Prior, show that Daybell entered a not guilty plea and has requested a trial.
Chad Daybell was arrested on Tuesday, June, 9 after law enforcement discovered human remains on his property. Over the weekend, authorities confirmed the remains found were missing children JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan. The two kids haven’t been seen since September 2019, and their mother, Lori Vallow, is already in police custody in connection to the case.
The families of JJ and Tylee confirmed the remains earlier last week.
Since the discovery of the children’s remains, both families have released statements regarding the loss of Vallow and Ryan. Daybell’s parents have also reached out.
This story is breaking and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- US added a strong 517,000 jobs in January despite Fed hikes
- SLCPD arrest two people in connection to a Wednesday shooting
- Utah mom shares grocery budgeting tips
- Bill would require buildings to post signs for events meant for adults
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Credit union will pay for larger dog adoptions this weekend