Chad Daybell pleads not guilty to two felony charges
MADISON COUNTY, Idaho– Chad Daybell plans to plead not guilty to two felony counts of concealment or destruction of evidence.
Court documents filed on Monday by Daybell’s attorney, John Prior, show that Daybell entered a not guilty plea and has requested a trial.
Chad Daybell was arrested on Tuesday, June, 9 after law enforcement discovered human remains on his property. Over the weekend, authorities confirmed the remains found were missing children JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan. The two kids haven’t been seen since September 2019, and their mother, Lori Vallow, is already in police custody in connection to the case.
The families of JJ and Tylee confirmed the remains earlier last week.
Since the discovery of the children’s remains, both families have released statements regarding the loss of Vallow and Ryan. Daybell’s parents have also reached out.
This story is breaking and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father and son found dead inside West Jordan home
- Former Utah Royals owner and coach named in women’s soccer abuse investigation
- Pedestrian killed on NB I-15 in Ogden, another in critical condition
- Judge dismisses lawsuit alleging OB-GYN sexually assaulted over 100 women
- Cottonwood High School wins football game in bizarre fashion
- Intermountain Healthcare and Zipline launch drone delivery service
- Man in possession of fentanyl pills, heroin arrested at SLC airport
- September was the hottest month in Salt Lake City and it wasn’t close
- Evan McMullin sues super PAC, three Utah news stations for defamatory ad
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces