Crews respond to two fires in Payson one has grown to 100 acres
PAYSON — Fire crews in Payson responded to two fires near Utah Lake Monday afternoon. One of which is an orchard fire that has now spread to 100 acres, the other was last reported to be only a few acres in size.
The Orchard Fire was reported to be at 20 acres in size around 4 p.m. this afternoon and is now reported to be at 100 acres. The cause of the blaze is still under investigation.
Around the same time, fire officials said that the Lincoln Fire was a few acres in size and human-caused. Ignition of the fire was caused by target shooters when they hit an exploding target over dry vegetation.
This is a developing story.
Today’s Top Stories
- Wildlife officials, troopers, maneuver large herd of elk away from I-80
- Pedestrian hit and killed by UTA Frontrunner
- Teachers at West High School walkout in of protest H.B. 215
- Suspects in custody, lockdown lifted after shots fired at Taylorsville High
- Large sinkhole shuts down portion of westbound 1500 North in Lehi
- Investigation of fatal accident at Provo airport includes witness statements
- Get Ready for Fun at the 2023 Bear Lake Monster Winterfest
- Fatal crash on Mountain View Corridor causes significant delays
- ChatGPT: Plagiarism super-tool for students or AI brainstorming generator?
- Utah resolution proposing Friday designation for Halloween celebrations advances