Crews respond to two fires in Payson one has grown to 100 acres
PAYSON — Fire crews in Payson responded to two fires near Utah Lake Monday afternoon. One of which is an orchard fire that has now spread to 100 acres, the other was last reported to be only a few acres in size.
The Orchard Fire was reported to be at 20 acres in size around 4 p.m. this afternoon and is now reported to be at 100 acres. The cause of the blaze is still under investigation.
Around the same time, fire officials said that the Lincoln Fire was a few acres in size and human-caused. Ignition of the fire was caused by target shooters when they hit an exploding target over dry vegetation.
This is a developing story.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Roe V. Wade overturned by Supreme Court
- Utah leaders react to Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade
- Victim in Box Elder County worksite accident is identified
- Biden calls abortion ruling ‘a sad day’ for country
- Provo Police Department asking for help solving a 2020 cold case
- Congress sends landmark gun violence compromise to Biden
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Sandy man identified as individual killed in Nevada car crash
- After NY law is struck down, two Utah experts sound off on gun rights