Police ask for help finding suspect who attacked hiker
SALT LAKE COUNTY– Unified Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man they suspect of attacked a young female hiker.
On April 29, 2020, a young woman was hiking the Quarry Trail in Little Cottonwood Canyon when she was approached from behind, struck with a stick and strangled, according to a statement released by Unified Police on Tuesday.
The young woman yelled for help and other hikers came to her aid. When they did, the suspect fled the scene.
Unified Police have composed a sketch of the suspect. Authorities say the suspect is a white male in his early 20’s. He’s approximately 6-feet tall and is characterized as “skinny” with long light brown hair.
If you have any information regarding the identity of the man, please contact the Unified Police Department at 801-743-700. Please reference the case number 20-45161.
Today’s Top Stories
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Tooele City releases fireworks restrictions map
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- Semi-truck rolls on I-80 at U.S.-40, Silver Creek Junction
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- UPDATE: SLCPD investigating party shooting that left one in critical condition