David O. Leavitt: GOP candidate for Utah attorney general
In November 2018, David O. Leavitt was elected Utah County Attorney.
He graduated from the J. Reuben Clark Law School at Brigham Young University in 1991. He graduated in English from BYU in 1988.
Leavitt grew up in Cedar City, Utah. He is married to Chelom Eastwood Leavitt. They have five daughters and three sons.
According to his campaign, Leavitt, 56, has acted as adviser to the National Institute of Justice for Moldova (2014-2018) and adviser to the Supreme Court of Ukraine (2001-2009). Also, he has served as the Juab County Attorney (1995-2003), and as a City Attorney in Nephi and Fillmore.
Find out more about the candidate here.
Today’s Top Stories
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces the construction of 18 new temples
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Saturday morning conference session makes history
- Fatal car crash closes southbound I-15 in Washington County
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- NWS issues severe thunderstorm warning in Grand County
- Murray Police warning public to be on lookout for scam
- First freedoms: The interconnectedness of First Amendment rights
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- The sad history of Tragedy Spring