Cell phones in Dugway experiencing issues reaching 911
Jun 21, 2020, 12:03 PM
(Photo: Getty Images)
DUGWAY — The Dugway Police Department says they are currently having issues with cellphones. They say that cell phones can’t reach landlines on the military installation.
According to a social media post today, 911 calls will get through from a landline but not from a cellphone.
Officials encouraged people to call from a landline if possible for emergency services. If a cellphone is your only option, officials said that Tooele County will receive your 911 call and send it to Dugway police via radio.
They asked people with non-emergency issues to go to the dispatch center or police building and use the lobby landline phones.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires
- Opinion: Is it time to retire the $100 bill and move to cashless society?
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- State fire marshal talks about Lake Mountain Middle School delays
- 8-year-old boy struck by car in Riverton, suffers head injury
- Iron County Care and Share