Want a Mail-in ballot sent to your house? Tuesday is the deadline.
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah’s primary election is about one week away and voters who want a mail-in ballot only have a few more hours to request one.
Tuesday, June 23 is the last day to request a mail-in ballot sent to a voter’s home.
Salt Lake County Clerk Sherrie Swenson told KSL Newsradio that if a voter was unaffiliated, they were contacted by their county election clerk who asked if they wanted to request a partisan ballot. If a voter didn’t respond to that letter, it’s likely they did not receive a ballot.
“If for some reason they didn’t receive their ballot and should have, tomorrow [Tuesday, June 23] is that last day they could request their ballot to be mailed to them,” Swenson said.
The deadline to register to vote has passed. But, Swenson says there are seven counties in Utah that will allow a resident to drive up to a polling location and receive a ballot on election day. Those counties are Utah, Salt Lake, Weber, Davis, Tooele, Iron, and Box Elder counties.
The 2020 Primary Election being, primarily, a mail-in-only election is the direct result of the global COVID-19 pandemic. Other changes due to COVID-19 include no regular polling places and limited drive-up voting on June 30th.
More information for voters can be found at the Vote Utah web page.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade, 7 dead
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Highland Park parade shooting suspect charged with 7 counts of murder, state’s attorney says
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Dog dies after being left in hot car for more than an hour