2 alarm fire burning at Salt Lake Community College in Taylorsville
SALT LAKE CITY — Smoke was seen billowing from a fire on the campus of Salt Lake Community College on Monday afternoon.
A bystander who contacted 911 said the fire appeared to be at the automotive building on the campus at 4600 South Redwood Road, in Taylorsville.
Later, KSL Newsradio reporter Paul Nelson tweeted that the fire appeared to have destroyed the Applied Sciences building on the campus.
Applied Science at SLCC appears to be a total loss. UFA officials say building was being renovated and the walls were ripped down, so flames spread quickly. pic.twitter.com/om7AO38Po2
— Paul Nelson (@KSLPaul) June 23, 2020
The cause of the fire has not yet been determined.
— John Strate (@john_strate) June 23, 2020
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah’s GOP Congressmen defeat primary challengers
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Sen. Mike Lee fends off 2 opponents to win Utah GOP primary
- Remaining deer, elk permits can be purchased in July
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Takeaways from first primaries since Roe v. Wade overturned
- Gov. Cox announces Utah Supreme Court nominee