2 alarm fire burning at Salt Lake Community College in Taylorsville
SALT LAKE CITY — Smoke was seen billowing from a fire on the campus of Salt Lake Community College on Monday afternoon.
A bystander who contacted 911 said the fire appeared to be at the automotive building on the campus at 4600 South Redwood Road, in Taylorsville.
Later, KSL Newsradio reporter Paul Nelson tweeted that the fire appeared to have destroyed the Applied Sciences building on the campus.
Applied Science at SLCC appears to be a total loss. UFA officials say building was being renovated and the walls were ripped down, so flames spread quickly. pic.twitter.com/om7AO38Po2
— Paul Nelson (@KSLPaul) June 23, 2020
The cause of the fire has not yet been determined.
— John Strate (@john_strate) June 23, 2020
Today’s Top Stories
- After celebrity death to colon cancer, Utah doctor weighs in on colonoscopy
- Two Utah experts talk about prisoner swap for WNBA player Brittney Griner
- Update: Some I-15 lanes reopen after hazmat spill in Bluffdale
- Families of Hunter High shooting victims unhappy with plea deal
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- West Jordan Elementary School is closing its gates after 40 years
- Members of the council explain the Salt Lake County library tax
- SWAT standoff in Tooele ends peacefully, no further threat to public
- Sundance Film Festival is seeking volunteers for 2023 event