Fire destroys North Tooele home
SALT LAKE CITY — One person was rescued from a house fire in the North Tooele early Monday morning.
Someone who had driven by the home at 7740 North and State Route 36 in Lake Point contacted fire officials.
North Tooele Fire officials say a deputy in the area was able to respond quickly and, along with help from a bystander, brought a woman in the home outside to the front porch.
Both the North Tooele and Grantsville fire agencies responded to the blaze. Some of the crew had just returned from helping battle flames in the Saratoga Springs area.
The injured woman was airlifted to the University Hospital in Salt Lake City.
North Tooele Fire says the bystander had minor injuries and was treated at the scene.
The cause for this fire is under investigation, but it is not suspicious, according to officials.
Today’s Top Stories
- Weather causing delayed starts for several schools across Utah
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Head on collision reported, State Route 73 closure
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- LGBTQ advocacy groups to file lawsuit over Utah’s transgender-related surgery law
- Officer-involved shooting in Iron County
- Crash in Uintah County claims the life of a 19-year-old man
- Why is there an increase of wildlife in SLC neighborhoods?
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk