Fire destroys North Tooele home
SALT LAKE CITY — One person was rescued from a house fire in the North Tooele early Monday morning.
Someone who had driven by the home at 7740 North and State Route 36 in Lake Point contacted fire officials.
North Tooele Fire officials say a deputy in the area was able to respond quickly and, along with help from a bystander, brought a woman in the home outside to the front porch.
Both the North Tooele and Grantsville fire agencies responded to the blaze. Some of the crew had just returned from helping battle flames in the Saratoga Springs area.
The injured woman was airlifted to the University Hospital in Salt Lake City.
North Tooele Fire says the bystander had minor injuries and was treated at the scene.
The cause for this fire is under investigation, but it is not suspicious, according to officials.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah homes have some of the highest levels of radon gas
- New dress code gives West High School students more leeway
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Paragliding crash in Milcreek leaves one in critical condition
- Man in extremely critical condition following motorcycle accident in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- Semi driver dies after driving off side of roadway
- Draper City suing Geneva Rock, the mining company at Point of the Mountain
- Woman dies in SLC shooting, suspect arrested
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Bluffdale crash involving semi-truck kills one