There are conflicting reports on whether President Trump was briefed on an intelligence report that said Russia is offering bounties for American troops in Afghanistan.
Utah representative Chris Stewart, who is on the House Intelligence Committee, says the president was not briefed.
He even tweeted that to suggest the president would put the interests of Russia over the well being of service members is absurd. But if thinking would Russia do something like this, he says no question they could have done it. the u-s needs to investigate more.
— Rep. Chris Stewart (@RepChrisStewart) June 29, 2020
He spoke on CNN last night to explain further the briefing process. Stewart says the president and cabinet and staff and people like Nancy Pelosi and Adam Schiff all get the same 40 to 60 pages a day, that they really don’t read.
“It’s too much. It’s, here’s a list of things we are worried about, and a couple times a week let’s talk about the most serious ones. and this never reached the level of credibility that they briefed it to the president,” said Stewart.
GOP Rep. Chris Stewart says he’s absolutely certain the President was never told about the alleged Russian bounty plot saying that it never “reached the level of credibility.” https://t.co/91uj8osaVo pic.twitter.com/R4D5uSdq1a
— Cuomo Prime Time (@CuomoPrimeTime) June 30, 2020
Stewart says the truth is, we just don’t know if Russia would have offered bounties to kill US soldiers in Afghanistan. But he they could have done it.
“Russia is not our friend, they are not an ally, they seek to harm us, they seek to diminish us and diminish our role in the world everywhere, but particularly in the Middle East,” he said.
- Delta places Romney hecklers on no-fly list (pageviews: 5873)
- What to watch as House moves to impeach Trump for 2nd time (pageviews: 1614)
- Contests (pageviews: 1592)
- Enter to win a pair of Apple Airpods! - KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1325)
- Gov. Cox declares state of emergency ahead of expected protests over the weekend (pageviews: 1287)
- VIDEO: Sen. Romney confronted by an angry passenger at the airport (pageviews: 905)
- Hey, Utahns over 70: Here's everything to know about getting your COVID-19 vaccine (pageviews: 808)
- McConnell rejects emergency session for trial (pageviews: 804)