Kobe Bryant will be memorialized on the cover of NBA 2K21
(CNN) — Kobe Bryant is being memorialized on the cover of the video game NBA 2K21.
The Mamba Forever Edition will feature Bryant on two special covers. They were hand-painted by an artist using two of Bryant’s most famous photos for inspiration.
Bryant was previously the cover athlete for NBA 2K10 and was featured on the Legend edition of NBA 2K17.
Bryant will join the New Orleans Pelicans forward Zion Williamson and Portland Trail Blazers guard Damian Lillard as 2K21 cover athletes. Lillard is being featured on current-gen consoles such as the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, while Williamson will be featured on the next-gen Xbox and PlayStation consoles slated later this year.
A release date for the game has not been announced.
Bryant, his daughter Gigi and seven others were killed in a helicopter crash in January.
Bryant last played in the NBA in 2016 before retiring, going down as one of the all-time greatest players with five championships, 18 All-Star appearances and one NBA MVP award in 18 seasons.
™ & © 2020 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Salt Lake City Police respond to five different incidents with weapons
- Name change coming to Intermountain Healthcare next year
- Intermountain Healthcare purchases land near Ephraim
- U of U students rally in support of Mahsa Amini, woman killed in Iran
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis
- A new chance for a fighting chance against ovarian cancer
- Semi driver dies after driving off side of roadway