June Station Highlights
Morning News with Tim and Amanda
During the week of June 15th, Utah’s Morning News with Tim and Amanda had the opportunity to interview all four Republican Gubernatorial candidates. Instead of waiting until right before the election, we did our traditional candidate interviews two weeks before Primary Day, so voters could learn more before mailing their ballots. We talked to each candidate at 8:15 each morning, and teased a second interview during Dave and Dujanovic with the same candidate each day.
Dave & Dujanovic (1:03)
After KSL NewsRadio was the first to report that several police officers in the Salt Lake City Police Dept. were leaving the force due to protests, Dave & Dujanovic had an exclusive one-on-one interview with Chief Mike Brown who talked about the officers’ departure–specifically about their unique perspectives as people of color.
Inside Sources with Boyd Matheson (1:50)
Greg McKeown, the author of “Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less,” joined Boyd on his Therefore, What? podcast discussing the disciplined pursuit of less. McKeown’s advice can help people who feel overwhelmed learn what to focus on, which you can hear on his new “Essentialism” podcast.
Live Mic with Lee Lonsberry (2:25)
After Ogden police officer Nate Lyday was killed in the line of duty, many Utahns paused to appreciate what is most important. Lee Lonsberry talked about how to appreciate life’s hidden heroes.
Digital Team (2:53)
A record was set in May for pageviews on our site, crossing one million pageviews in a month for the first time since the site launched two years ago. This spring, we’ve also started to see people visiting pages other than the listen live page for the first time since the site launched – an indication that people are visiting it not just to listen (though that’s still a top ten page) but also to read and learn more since the pandemic began.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Biden signs bipartisan gun safety bill into law: ‘God willing, it’s going to…
- Elizabeth Smart says she was sexually assaulted on a plane
- Utah leaders react to Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade
- S.B. 174 now in effect in Utah with Supreme Court’s overturn of Roe v. Wade
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- With Roe v. Wade now overturned, could same-sex marriage be next?
- Flight instructor, student, die in crash of USU Aviation plane
- San Juan county crash leaves one dead, one injured