MAMMOTH, Utah — State fire officials say a brush fire in the Juab County town of Mammoth destroyed one home, but they made enough progress fighting the flames to lift evacuations.
Mammoth is a small town just south of Eureka, Utah. Named for the nearby Mammoth Mine, the area is considered a partial ghost town, with a population estimated at under 700 people in 2018.
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) July 8, 2020
So far, officials said the fire was small — about five acres. There was no word on a cause or damage to any other structures beyond the home that was destroyed.
This story will be updated.
- 10 Utah temples to enter Phase 2 of reopening (pageviews: 3190)
- Small plane carrying six people crashed in Duchesne County | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1663)
- Transcript of Lori Daybell’s call to Chad Daybell on day of children’s discovery | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1597)
- Victim in critical condition after police shooting in Holladay (pageviews: 1402)
- I-80 to be closed from 9 am to 9 pm Friday for firefighting efforts (pageviews: 1329)
- 10 Utah temples to enter Phase 2 of reopening (pageviews: 1310)
- Transcript of Lori Daybell's call to Chad Daybell on day of children's discovery (pageviews: 1189)
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1165)