Virtual job fair for Utah’s unemployed
SALT LAKE CITY– The Utah Department of Workforce Services is holding a statewide virtual job fair on July 30, 2020. The event is entirely online and free for anyone looking for a job.
The department’s third virtual job fair will host over 90 employers with more than 1,000 work opportunities. There’s expected to be a plethora of job positions, ranging from retail to manufacturing.
People can access the event on a computer or smartphone. Participants will gain access to a digital floorplan with rows of booths. By clicking on the booth, job seekers will be able to view the company’s profile, job openings and social media.
Additionally, people can live chat with company representatives and share their resumes. Employers will have the chance to interview and offer jobs on the spot.
To participate, job seekers should pre-register at the Department of Workforce Services website. The department is also offering an online workshop the day before to help job seekers prepare for the fair.
The Utah virtual job fair is Thursday, July 30 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Today’s Top Stories
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- New photo of Gabby Petito raises questions
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Ogden Police looking for driver that hit a crossing guard
- House Speaker Wilson expresses disappointment in Biden’s State of the Union Address
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers