Virtual job fair for Utah’s unemployed
SALT LAKE CITY– The Utah Department of Workforce Services is holding a statewide virtual job fair on July 30, 2020. The event is entirely online and free for anyone looking for a job.
The department’s third virtual job fair will host over 90 employers with more than 1,000 work opportunities. There’s expected to be a plethora of job positions, ranging from retail to manufacturing.
People can access the event on a computer or smartphone. Participants will gain access to a digital floorplan with rows of booths. By clicking on the booth, job seekers will be able to view the company’s profile, job openings and social media.
Additionally, people can live chat with company representatives and share their resumes. Employers will have the chance to interview and offer jobs on the spot.
To participate, job seekers should pre-register at the Department of Workforce Services website. The department is also offering an online workshop the day before to help job seekers prepare for the fair.
The Utah virtual job fair is Thursday, July 30 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two-vehicle crash involving a semi closes Highway 138 on Friday
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- Motorhome crash in Box Elder County claims the life of one person
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- BYU premieres documentary ‘The Black 14: Healing Hearts and Feeding Souls’
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Community theater cancels shows after concerns over casting
- “Mini-bottles” could return to Utah state liquor stores