SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (AP) — A lawsuit filed in federal court accuses Utah State University of unlawfully discriminating against and expelling a student with Down syndrome.
The lawsuit filed in Utah’s U.S. District Court seeks unspecified damages and injunctive relief.
The lawsuit says as a result of the university’s “intentional discrimination,” Arthur was “degraded, dehumanized and humiliated.” A university spokesperson said Utah State University typically doesn’t comment on current litigation, but said the lawsuit is troubling in its misrepresentation of facts and how it portrays the Aggies Elevated program.
- Amber Alert issued for missing six-year-old child (pageviews: 4037)
- Amber Alert issued for missing six-year-old child | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 3481)
- Man arrested after two Latter-day Saint missionaries stabbed in Texas | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1468)
- Neffs Fire still burning in Salt Lake County | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1257)
- Coronavirus Tracker (pageviews: 1160)
- Body of a woman found in South Salt Lake Monday (pageviews: 853)
- (not set) (pageviews: 744)
- Neffs Fire still burning in Salt Lake County (pageviews: 740)