Large explosion rocks Beirut port
(CNN) — A large explosion rocked the Lebanese capital Beirut on Tuesday, damaging buildings and offices around the city.
The source of the explosion was a major fire at a warehouse for firecrackers near the port in Beirut, the state-run National News Agency reported.
— Zaiنab Hijazi (@zainabhijazi97) August 4, 2020
A red cloud hung over the city in the wake of the blast as firefighting teams rushed to the scene to try to put out the fire.
— Bissan Fakih (@BissanCampaigns) August 4, 2020
Local news reported multiple people were wounded in the incident.
This is a breaking story, more to follow.
™ & © 2020 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- Kenneth Manzanares found dead in Alaska prison cell
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake