FBI agents executed a federal search warrant at YouTube celebrity Jake Paul’s home
(CNN) — A law enforcement official confirms to CNN that FBI agents executed a federal search warrant at the Calabasas, California, home of YouTube celebrity Jake Paul Wednesday.
FBI Public Affairs Specialist Laura Eimiller tells CNN the search is in connection with an ongoing investigation.
The affidavit in support of the warrant has been sealed by a judge and the FBI is prohibited from commenting on the nature of the investigation. Eimiller tells CNN no arrests are planned.
CNN has reached out to reps for Paul for comment.
Arizona charges dismissed
In June, Paul was charged with criminal trespass and unlawful assembly after video showed him at a Scottsdale, Arizona, mall as it was being looted, police said. In a Twitter post, Paul denied that he and anyone else he was with was engaged in looting or vandalism.
On Wednesday, the Scottdale Police Department said it is dismissing the charges against Paul and friends Arman Izadi and Andrew Leon.
“The Scottsdale Police Department and Scottsdale City Attorney’s Office are coordinating with the United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Arizona and the FBI to ensure that justice is served regarding criminal acts at Scottsdale Fashion Square on May 30, 2020,” Scottsdale PD said in a news release.
“It is in the best interest of the community to dismiss misdemeanor charges without prejudice so that a federal criminal investigation can be completed. Scottsdale retains the option to refile charges depending on the outcome of the federal investigation,” the release added.
™ & © 2020 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Lawyers of man who lost lawsuit against Gwyneth Paltrow may try for new trial
- Meteorologist says only a couple more weeks of snow and rain
- Alta wins the race to 800 inches, more snow expected Friday afternoon
- Utah company with ties to polygamous group cited for violating child labor laws
- The search for the caller behind Utah’s 13 school hoaxes
- Former President Trump was indicted Thursday, what it means
- Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square will be joined by international singers this weekend
- As the snow melts, cases of canine giardia can increase
- Hear it Firsthand: 6 Students Share Their Executive MBA Experience at BYU’s Marriott School…
- Arrest made after fatal Logan Canyon crash