Cheetos announced on Thursday that they’re entering the Mac ‘n Cheese business this weekend.
Frito-Lay the company behind the cheesy corn puff snack said there will be three flavors: Bold & Cheesy, Flamin’ Hot and Cheesy Jalapeño. Rest assured, Chester the Cheetah said Cheetos seasons the corkscrew pasta noodles with “authentic Cheetos cheesiness.”
“We’ve seen incredible culinary creativity from our Cheetos fans through the years, taking our product and using as an actual ingredient in recipes — whether at restaurants, or now more than ever, at home,” said Rachel Ferdinando, SVP, CMO Frito-Lay North America. “Cheetos Mac ‘n Cheese borrows that culinary inspiration to provide a mischievous mashup of an ordinary fan favorite. We’re putting our orange-dusted fingerprints on an at-home staple at a time when home mealtime occasions are on the rise.”
Quaker Foods North America marketing officer Kristin Kroepfl said their team had been working with those from Frito-Lay (both companies owned by PepsiCo) since January on the mac ‘n cheese product.
Kroepfl said the idea came from the “Cheetos cult” a collection of die-hard Cheetos fans known for posting and sharing their unique recipes online.
“Recipe searches for Cheetos are up 192% year on year,” Kroepfl said. “We embraced that insight.”
The brand says you should start seeing their Mac ‘n Cheese starting Saturday at Walmart, then at other retailers nationwide next year.
- Amber Alert issued for missing six-year-old child (pageviews: 4037)
- Amber Alert issued for missing six-year-old child | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 3481)
- Man arrested after two Latter-day Saint missionaries stabbed in Texas | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1468)
- Neffs Fire still burning in Salt Lake County | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1257)
- Coronavirus Tracker (pageviews: 1160)
- Body of a woman found in South Salt Lake Monday (pageviews: 853)
- (not set) (pageviews: 744)
- Neffs Fire still burning in Salt Lake County (pageviews: 740)