UTAH GIVES BACK
Big Brothers Big Sisters Utah
For over a century, Big Brothers Big Sisters has been helping change kids’ perspectives and giving them the opportunity to reach their potential. In Utah, they help children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported, one-to-one relationships that change their lives for the better through mentoring.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah engages children by reaching out to partners who can identify children, ages 6-18 who want and need a mentor. They connect them with the perfect match, someone with similar interests, and facilitate relationships through one-to-one outings and activities that include working on a school project together, going to a museum, listening to music, and so much more.
This program has been shown to increase self-confidence, positively impact educational outcomes, help make better decisions, and avoid risky behaviors to help them succeed and thrive in life. You can invest in a child’s future by donating, enrolling a child, or becoming a mentor.
SelectHealth recognizes the supportive services provided by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Murray doctor charged with sexual exploitation of a minor
- The Salt Lake Temple renovation has a new completion date
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Mother tells of her escape from addiction and being homeless
- Median price of a home declines for first time in a decade, what it means for Utah
- Should the Bible be banned from school libraries?
- Man arrested for suspicion of arson in Orem house fire
- False threat near the TRAX Daybreak Parkway Station
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski crash trial begins in Park City, lawyer calls it “B.S.”