Big Brothers Big Sisters Utah
For over a century, Big Brothers Big Sisters has been helping change kids’ perspectives and giving them the opportunity to reach their potential. In Utah, they help children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported, one-to-one relationships that change their lives for the better through mentoring.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah engages children by reaching out to partners who can identify children, ages 6-18 who want and need a mentor. They connect them with the perfect match, someone with similar interests, and facilitate relationships through one-to-one outings and activities that include working on a school project together, going to a museum, listening to music, and so much more.
This program has been shown to increase self-confidence, positively impact educational outcomes, help make better decisions, and avoid risky behaviors to help them succeed and thrive in life. You can invest in a child’s future by donating, enrolling a child, or becoming a mentor.
SelectHealth recognizes the supportive services provided by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake County DA discusses Biden’s pardon of marijuana possession
- Search for wanted fugitive in Tooele is unsuccessful
- Deputies say evidence pointing to likely homicide in case of Dylan Rounds
- Odd smell coming from North Salt Lake goes unidentified
- UPDATE: SLCPD releases new information about Meadows Park shooting
- The countdown is over… what does Training Table have cooking up?
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- 13 year old hospitalized after being run over in Bountiful
- Zion National Park announces Fat Squirrel Week… it might not be what you think
- Pioneer Park Coalition announces plan to combat crime, homelessness