Utah County Commissioner injured in National Guard training
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — Utah County Commissioner Tanner Ainge says he had a less than ideal first day of National Guard training.
Rough start for the County Commissioner
Ainge is in Georgia for a six-week military training expedition after joining the Utah National Guard in May. The attorney joined as a member of the Judge Advocate General Corps, which represents the Army and soldiers in military legal matters.
While his training is just starting, Ainge already has battle scars of a seasoned veteran. He posted a picture on social media Monday of a bloody gash on his shin.
“Day 1 of training in @FortBenning. Only allowed [to] leave the room today for #COVID19 testing, then return to quarantine while awaiting results,” Ainge posted on Twitter. “Instead, I stepped into a 2ft hole encased with jagged PVC. Genius. Welcome to the @USArmy!”
Day 1 of training in @FortBenning. Only allowed leave the room today for #COVID19 testing, then return to quarantine while awaiting results. Instead, I stepped into a 2ft hole encased with jagged PVC.
— Tanner Ainge (@TannerAinge) August 10, 2020
Ainge said he’ll recover and will be able to continue his training. Additionally, he’ll continue to serve as the commission’s chairman. For the time being, he’s taking part in public meetings by phone or video teleconferencing.
Today’s Top Stories
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Staff member at school in southern Utah arrested for alleged sexual abuse
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Salt Lake City Police Department hosts holiday Pay-it-Forward event
- Authorities swat down rumors surrounding unsolved killings of 4 University of Idaho students
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Fire in West Valley City home contained to one room in basement