WATCH OR LISTEN LIVE: The Democratic National Convention
MILWAUKEE, Wis. — The Democratic National Convention will look much different this year than the past when it begins Monday with a two-hour virtual event.
Democrats ditched plans to meet in-person in Milwaukee for their convention because of concerns surrounding the coronavirus pandemic. Instead, speakers will address Democrats remotely.
What to expect from the Democratic National Convention
The party has already chosen former Vice President Joe Biden and his running mate, Sen. Kamala Harris of California, to be on the ballot for Democrats in November. However, party conventions offer a chance for political parties to solidify their messaging and positions ahead of the general election.
The Democrats say their kick-off event Monday centers around a theme of unity.
The DNC takes place over four nights, finishing up with Biden formally accepting his party’s nomination for president in a Thursday night speech.
How to follow along
KSL will stream audio and video of the Democratic National Convention on our website. You can listen to live coverage here or watch the stream below.
KSL also plans to offer live video and audio streams of the Republican National Convention, planned for next week.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Utah’s GOP Congressmen defeat primary challengers
- Sen. Mike Lee fends off 2 opponents to win Utah GOP primary
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Intermountain Healthcare study finds “better” IV fluid treatment
- State elections leaders dismiss state lawmakers claims of vote switching
- Ghislaine Maxwell sentenced to 20 years in prison