Police search for suspect in fatal shooting near 9th West and North Temple
Aug 22, 2020, 1:00 PM | Updated: 1:00 pm
(Photo: Tracy Warner)
SALT LAKE CITY — Police say the search continues for a suspect involved in a fatal shooting that happened Saturday morning near 900 W. North Temple in Salt Lake City.
Lt. Brian Sloan with Salt Lake City Police says there are few details for investigators to act on so far. He hopes area surveillance cameras from nearby businesses will give police some much-needed clues.
Police say they do know that the 34-year-old victim passed away at the hospital. They are asking anyone who may have witnessed the fatal shooting to contact them at 801-799-3000. Investigators are also hoping to locate a silver van that may have been in the area at the time, though they said they do not know if the vehicle belongs to the suspect.
Although the suspect is still at large, Sloan says he does not believe the public is in any harm’s way.
Today’s Top Stories
- Russian media: Griner pleads guilty in Russia drugs trial
- Polarization is behind US mass shootings, says psychiatrist
- UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson resigns after mutiny in his party
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- Two children hurt in auto-pedestrian collision in South Jordan
- SWAT team responds to Herriman area
- UDOT to temporarily close Cottonwood Heights I-215 bridge for restoration
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights