Police search for suspect in fatal shooting near 9th West and North Temple
Aug 22, 2020, 1:00 PM | Updated: 1:00 pm
(Photo: Tracy Warner)
SALT LAKE CITY — Police say the search continues for a suspect involved in a fatal shooting that happened Saturday morning near 900 W. North Temple in Salt Lake City.
Lt. Brian Sloan with Salt Lake City Police says there are few details for investigators to act on so far. He hopes area surveillance cameras from nearby businesses will give police some much-needed clues.
Police say they do know that the 34-year-old victim passed away at the hospital. They are asking anyone who may have witnessed the fatal shooting to contact them at 801-799-3000. Investigators are also hoping to locate a silver van that may have been in the area at the time, though they said they do not know if the vehicle belongs to the suspect.
Although the suspect is still at large, Sloan says he does not believe the public is in any harm’s way.
Today’s Top Stories
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Utah Air National Guard Airman dies during routine deployment
- Hidden cameras found in restrooms in U of U Student Life Center, suspect in custody
- Two people hurt in auto-pedestrian collision in Orem
- Man arrested in relation to Provo Towne Center Mall bomb threat
- Utah’s Coordinated Action Plan for Water released this week
- Officer-involved shooting causes delays on I-15 in Davis County
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Salt Lake City Police investigate deadly auto-pedestrian collision