Fatal crash in Kearns leaves one person killed and two seriously injured
KEARNS — A fatal crash at 5600 West and 5830 South killed one woman and left two others hospitalized according to officials with the United Police Department.
UPD Sgt. Melody Gray said the officers had responded to Thomas Jefferson Jr. High School on a “keep the peace” call with a 26-year-old woman just after 8 p.m.
Gray said the woman got into her vehicle after the meeting and turned to go northbound on 5600 West.
“She did not see a southbound vehicle, and that southbound vehicle t-boned her,” Gray said.
The 37-year-old woman who was driving the southbound vehicle was killed in the crash. Officers extracted her at the scene and lifesaving procedures were attempted.
She has now been identified as Cecilia Ruby Chavez from Magna.
Her 14-year-old daughter was hospitalized and is in serious condition.
The 26-year-old woman was taken to Intermountain Medical Center in critical condition.
The accident closed down 5600 West in both directions while police investigated.
Both Directions 5600 W at 5800 S, Salt Lake Co.
NB Lanes Closed
Est. Clearance Time: 9:30 PM
For updates: https://t.co/jaVMw7vcLm
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) August 29, 2020
Today’s Top Stories
- Car drives into parade, hits horse and rider
- UDOT warns winter storm bringing roadway impacts
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Frontier Airlines no longer has a customer service phone line
- ‘Fame’ and ‘Flashdance’ singer-actor Irene Cara dies at 63
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023