Truck crashes into Burgess for Utah campaign headquarters
MIDVALE — Burgess for Utah Communications Director Jesse Ranney received a call late Friday night saying there was a truck in the middle of the campaign’s headquarters.
Ranney said there were people in and out all day but luckily there was no one in the building when the incident took place.
“It’s completely destroyed,” He said, “Everything in the office is pretty much gone.”
Congressional Candidate Burgess Owens took to twitter saying that a runaway truck drove into their headquarters and he was thankful that everyone was safe.
“We’re not slowing down! Still knocking doors, making calls and working nonstop!” he said.
— Burgess Owens (@BurgessOwens) September 27, 2020
Ranney said that the campaign has been looking for a new location for the past month and a half, “this is definitely not opportune timing,” he said.
Ranney also said they are working with the Unified Police Department to investigate the situation.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- Opinion: Is it time to retire the $100 bill and move to cashless society?