Truck crashes into Burgess for Utah campaign headquarters
MIDVALE — Burgess for Utah Communications Director Jesse Ranney received a call late Friday night saying there was a truck in the middle of the campaign’s headquarters.
Ranney said there were people in and out all day but luckily there was no one in the building when the incident took place.
“It’s completely destroyed,” He said, “Everything in the office is pretty much gone.”
Congressional Candidate Burgess Owens took to twitter saying that a runaway truck drove into their headquarters and he was thankful that everyone was safe.
“We’re not slowing down! Still knocking doors, making calls and working nonstop!” he said.
— Burgess Owens (@BurgessOwens) September 27, 2020
Ranney said that the campaign has been looking for a new location for the past month and a half, “this is definitely not opportune timing,” he said.
Ranney also said they are working with the Unified Police Department to investigate the situation.
Today’s Top Stories
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- Schools, commute delayed by early morning lake effect snow
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident
- Tracking snowplows in SLC
- US-Iran match reflects a regional rivalry for many Arab fans
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- What to do after a fender bender in snowy weather?
- Oath Keepers boss guilty of seditious conspiracy in 1/6 case