Body of a woman found in South Salt Lake Monday
SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah — Police are investigating after the discovery of the body of a partially-clothed woman in South Salt Lake on Monday. The body was found near 300 West and Lawndale Drive, or about 2500 South. By Monday evening, police said they still did not know when the attack against her happened, or how she got there.
Investigators are not releasing a suspected cause of death, but there was enough evidence on the scene to make them call this an “apparent homicide.”
South Salt Lake Officer Danielle Croyle says, “She’s possibly a white female, but unknown extent on her injuries.”
The body was found by a man arriving for work around 7:30 Monday morning. Officer Croyle said the woman was found in a rear parking lot, and that police had a lot of evidence to sift through between the building and a row of semi trailers parked nearby.
“He located the deceased female in the back parking lot. He immediately calls police. He’s being cooperative and working with us,” Croyle said.
Police haven’t been able to identify the woman. Croyle says they hope the Medical Examiner’s Office will be able to do that within a couple of days. However, they can’t confirm if the victim was killed at the scene, or if she was killed somewhere else and transported to the parking lot.
Investigators also have a lot of questions about when the woman was attacked. Croyle said most of the surrounding offices are closed for the weekend and no one seems to have seen anything suspicious between Friday afternoon and Monday morning.
“We don’t have a specific timeframe on this case,” she said.
Officers are canvassing the neighborhood and searching for any kind of surveillance video that might be able to help. In the meantime, Croyle said that police hope someone may have seen something as they were passing through the area over the past 48 hours.
“We are asking anybody that may have been out and about in the area, if they know of anything, please come forward and share that information with us,” said Croyle.
Today’s Top Stories
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- Two people are in critical condition following two-vehicle car crash
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio
- Jackson sworn in, becomes 1st Black woman on Supreme Court
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Expert gives tips on conquering your downward social media scroll
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient