Police union filing ethics complaint against Salt Lake City councilwoman
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — The Salt Lake police union is filing an ethics complaint about a Salt Lake City councilwoman.
The target of the complaint is Amy Fowler, a trial attorney and former public defender.
Police union upset over Facebook post
Defending her stance
A post on her personal Facebook page continues: “I don’t represent any of the parties involved,” she says. “I had the same exact knowledge and facts that the public did, and I made a personal comment. As an attorney, when we take the oath we don’t give up our constitutional rights, and I was exercising my freedom of speech.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Used car prices dropping but supply still low
- Unsheltered Utah opens warming tent for unhoused people to escape frigid temperatures
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility
- Freezing weather causes delayed start for Cache County School District schools