RNC chairwoman Ronna Romney McDaniel tests positive for coronavirus
(CNN) — Ronna McDaniel, the chairwoman of the Republican National Committee, has tested positive for coronavirus, an official told CNN Friday.
President Donald Trump announced overnight that he and first lady Melania Trump tested positive for the virus.
McDaniel is a granddaughter of Michigan Governor and businessman George W. Romney and niece of US Senator Mitt Romney. Her positive test was first reported by The New York Times.
This story is breaking and will be updated.
™ & © 2020 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- Opinion: Is it time to retire the $100 bill and move to cashless society?
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires