Ocean Spray surprises Tik Tok star with a new cranberry-colored truck
(CNN) — Ocean Spray is giving back after a TikTok video featuring one of their products exploded online.
The video, posted by Nathan Apodaca — perhaps better known to some as 420doggface208 — was as simple as it comes: He rides a long board down the road, drinking Ocean Spray, while lip-syncing to Fleetwood Mac’s “Dreams.”
But there was a reason Apodaca was on that board — his car broke down and he had to get to work.
“My car shuts off from time to time, and it shut off down the highway… I didn’t want to wait to flag someone down to get a jump. So I grabbed my juice and grabbed my board,” he told CNN on Wednesday. He added that it wasn’t necessarily an uncommon experience.
Aside from making him an instant star, the video brought Ocean Spray a tidal wave of free publicity. Now, the juice company’s giving back — this week it surprised Apodaca with a new ride.
Ocean Spray representatives dropped by Apodaca’s home in Idaho Falls and gave him a brand new truck full of his beloved cran-raspberry flavored Ocean Spray juice.
“I hear a knock…so I get up and open the door. I poke my head around the corner and then there’s a camera behind (my daughter), camera behind that camera man…I’m like what the heck is going on?” Apodaca said. “I didn’t add two and two together until they told me it was mine and even then I didn’t believe it.”
And yes, the truck was the color of cranberry.
The company captured the surprise on its Instagram.
Apodaca can be heard saying “no way” as the company representatives explain that it really is his to keep. Apodaca then shared a fun video of him driving away in the truck, posting his thanks on his own account.
“This is from Ocean Spray to you,” the Ocean Spray spokesman said. “Thanks for keeping it positive… The truck is yours and the Ocean Spray is yours.”
Ocean Spray CEO Tom Hayes then took to his own TikTok on a longboard to do a copycat version of the original video, keeping the vibes rolling.
™ & © 2020 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- Get Ready for Fun at the 2023 Bear Lake Monster Winterfest
- Utah safety officials, NAACP, react to death of Tyre Nichols
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Salt Lake City traffic stop leads to drug bust, illegal gun recovered
- Three teens in custody after fight, shooting at Taylorsville High