(WEST VALLEY CITY, UT) — The baby girl delivered by C-section Thursday night following a fatal crash on Bangerter Hwy. has died. The mother, a passenger in a car hit by a driver running a red light at 3500 South and Bangerter Hwy., died of her injuries the day of the crash.
Doctors pronounced 29-year-old Shelby Boyce Short dead at the hospital, but managed to deliver her baby daughter, who was then flown by medical helicopter in critical condition to a different hospital for more specialized care, according to police.
The 8-months pregnant woman was a passenger in a Mitsubishi Lancer that was struck by a Subaru Forrester, which ran the red light. The driver of the Lancer, the woman’s husband, was treated for injuries.
Featured on Shelby Short’s Facebook page is an ultrasound photo, posted in August, with the name Aubree Rose.
*KSL NewsRadio does not assure that the money deposited to a GoFundMe account directly benefits the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to such an account, you should consult your own advisers and otherwise proceed at your own risk.
- VIDEO: Cougar follows man running near Provo for 6 minutes (pageviews: 2930)
- VIDEO: Cougar follows man running near Provo for 6 minutes (pageviews: 2212)
- VIDEO: Cougar follows man running near Provo for 6 minutes | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1533)
- McCluskeys and U of U reach settlement agreement in death of student (pageviews: 1522)
- #StandUnited: Peterson and Cox issue joint PSA on political civility (pageviews: 1313)
- Utah sets another record for single day COVID-19 infections (pageviews: 1227)
- Senator Romney says he did not vote for President Trump (pageviews: 975)
- UDOT estimates I-15 will remain closed until at least 10 a.m. (pageviews: 954)