MIDWAY, Utah — A Utah woman has died after being hit by a vehicle on Main Street in Midway Saturday night, according to officials. The driver, identified by police as Colby Gertsch, is in police custody.
Gertsch, 39, called the Wasatch County Sheriff’s Office around 10:30 p.m. Saturday, reporting he had hit a pedestrian with his car. He told dispatchers she was seriously injured and not breathing.
The man stayed with the woman until officers arrived on scene.
Upon arrival, Emergency Medical Services began life-saving efforts before transporting the woman to Herber Valley Hospital. She died later that night in the hospital.
The identity of the woman has not yet been released, as officers are working to notify next of kin.
Wasatch Police arrested Gertsch and booked him into the county jail. He was charged with automobile homicide, possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia, and operating a motor vehicle negligently causing death, according to a statement from the sheriff’s office.
An investigation is still ongoing.
- Two missing teens from Taylorsville last seen in SLC – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 4545)
- The mystery of the Utah monolith found in the desert – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1485)
- Ogden Police Department confirms shots fired Wednesday night – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1327)
- Utah health officials release 2 days worth of COVID-19 numbers – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1072)
- 26 more Utahns dead of coronavirus as infection rates drop – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 932)
- Utah health officials release 2 days worth of COVID-19 numbers (pageviews: 831)
- Contests (pageviews: 805)
- Thanksgiving side dishes battle it out for the crown – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 635)