UDOT estimates I-15 will remain closed until at least 10 a.m.
FARMINGTON, Utah — Southbound I-15 will remain closed until at least 10 a.m. Friday morning according to the Utah Department of Transportation after an early morning semi fire.
Spokesman Zach Whitney says that reports first came in that a semi carrying frozen food had caught fire near Park Lane and crews are still in the process of cleaning it up.
Expect an hour to an hour-and-a-half to get through Davis County this morning: https://t.co/ObTP0yn394
— KSL Traffic Center (@KSLTraffic) October 23, 2020
“When you have a vehicle on fire in this situation it burns very hot,” Whitney said. “After the cleanup, they’ll have to evaluate the damage. A lot of times when you have a vehicle fire of this kind of intensity, there’s often damage to the pavement.”
Whitney says that currently, their estimates are that the roadway will remain closed until 10 a.m.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Former Utah Sen. Jake Garn to be honored with art tribute on Saturday
- Air Force unveils newest stealth bomber aircraft
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- US approves $380 million missile sale to Finland