FARMINGTON, Utah — Southbound I-15 will remain closed until at least 10 a.m. Friday morning according to the Utah Department of Transportation after an early morning semi fire.
Spokesman Zach Whitney says that reports first came in that a semi carrying frozen food had caught fire near Park Lane and crews are still in the process of cleaning it up.
Expect an hour to an hour-and-a-half to get through Davis County this morning: https://t.co/ObTP0yn394
— KSL Traffic Center (@KSLTraffic) October 23, 2020
“When you have a vehicle on fire in this situation it burns very hot,” Whitney said. “After the cleanup, they’ll have to evaluate the damage. A lot of times when you have a vehicle fire of this kind of intensity, there’s often damage to the pavement.”
Whitney says that currently, their estimates are that the roadway will remain closed until 10 a.m.
This story will be updated.
- Utah lifts gathering restrictions on private property, switches back to “transmission index” – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 14286)
- Utah lifts gathering restrictions on private property, switches back to "transmission index" (pageviews: 8983)
- Two missing teens from Taylorsville last seen in SLC – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 4442)
- Ogden Police Department confirms shots fired Wednesday night – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1099)
- US agency ascertains Biden as winner, lets transiton begin (pageviews: 903)
- Developers roll out new COVID-19 test that also detects influenza and RSV (pageviews: 807)
- Two missing teens from Taylorsville last seen in SLC (pageviews: 804)
- The mystery of the Utah monolith found in the desert – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 762)