UDOT estimates I-15 will remain closed until at least 10 a.m.
FARMINGTON, Utah — Southbound I-15 will remain closed until at least 10 a.m. Friday morning according to the Utah Department of Transportation after an early morning semi fire.
Spokesman Zach Whitney says that reports first came in that a semi carrying frozen food had caught fire near Park Lane and crews are still in the process of cleaning it up.
Expect an hour to an hour-and-a-half to get through Davis County this morning: https://t.co/ObTP0yn394
— KSL Traffic Center (@KSLTraffic) October 23, 2020
“When you have a vehicle on fire in this situation it burns very hot,” Whitney said. “After the cleanup, they’ll have to evaluate the damage. A lot of times when you have a vehicle fire of this kind of intensity, there’s often damage to the pavement.”
Whitney says that currently, their estimates are that the roadway will remain closed until 10 a.m.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City