DEARBORN HEIGHTS, Mich. (AP) — In what most people would consider a lucrative mistake, a Detroit-area man who accidentally bought an extra lottery ticket has won two $1 million jackpots.
Samir Mazahem, 56, of Dearborn Heights said he was saving numbers on a lottery app after buying a $2 ticket for the June 9 Mega Millions game. He then realized that he had purchased a second ticket with the same numbers.
“I was a little bummed but didn’t think much about it,” Mazahem said.
Until he recently logged onto the app and found he had two $1 million winners.
“I couldn’t believe it was real,” Mazahem said. “It took several days for the reality to set in that my mistake had paid off to the tune of $2 million!”
He recently claimed his prize and plans to buy a new house and save the rest.
- Two missing teens from Taylorsville last seen in SLC – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 4545)
- The mystery of the Utah monolith found in the desert – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1485)
- Ogden Police Department confirms shots fired Wednesday night – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1327)
- Utah health officials release 2 days worth of COVID-19 numbers – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1072)
- 26 more Utahns dead of coronavirus as infection rates drop – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 932)
- Utah health officials release 2 days worth of COVID-19 numbers (pageviews: 831)
- Contests (pageviews: 805)
- Thanksgiving side dishes battle it out for the crown – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 635)