SALT LAKE CITY — When planting new trees the question of how often they need to be watered can come up. Taun Beddes shares some tips on how to water newly planted trees and shrubs.
How often should you water?
“It is dependent on how often they seem to need it,” stated Taun Beddes
How can you tell?
“All soils are different, and the temperatures during the different times of years are different,” said Beddes. “Once you figure out how often, it becomes easier.”
Beddes recommends digging up different parts of the soil and examining the water intake there to determine where the watering is needed.
“I have my soil and you can see that it is moist and it does stick together, it is slightly crumbly, at this point it gets a little bit harder for the tree to get water out of the soil,” stated Beddes.
According to Beddes, in the middle of the summer, you can do the same check but you may need to water at least 2-3 times a week.
When it is cooler, every 5-7 days may be sufficient.
After discovering the method of watering your tree needs watering on a pattern becomes easier
Learn more about how to water newly planted trees:
- Utah lifts gathering restrictions on private property, switches back to “transmission index” – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 12527)
- Utah lifts gathering restrictions on private property, switches back to "transmission index" (pageviews: 8134)
- Church leaders join Utah politicians urging at-home Thanksgiving – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 2644)
- President Nelson: A message of hope and healing – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1135)
- Hogle Zoo hosts 'ZooLights' event for free throughout December (pageviews: 1046)
- How AI faces are being weaponized online (pageviews: 991)
- US agency ascertains Biden as winner, lets transiton begin (pageviews: 832)
- Ceremonial Temple groundbreaking Saturday in McAllen, Texas – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 734)