OGDEN, Utah — An officer shooting in Ogden is currently under investigation. It comes after an Ogden police officer shot and injured a man Tuesday night who was reportedly threatening officers with a shotgun and knife.
Police sent to home following dispatch call
Ogden Police say around 7 pm dispatchers received a call from a caseworker claiming an 18-year-old man was armed with a shotgun and threatening to kill himself. According to dispatch, the man was inside a home near the 800 block of 5th Street in Ogden.
Later, dispatch received another call saying two people were fighting with the man and that he still had possession of the handgun.
Suspect in “good condition,” shooting under investigation
The investigation is now being handled by the Weber County Attorney’s Office critical incident response team. According to Chief Watt, the officer’s body camera was turned on during the time of the shooting.
- Utah lifts gathering restrictions on private property, switches back to “transmission index” – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 12527)
- Utah lifts gathering restrictions on private property, switches back to "transmission index" (pageviews: 8134)
- Church leaders join Utah politicians urging at-home Thanksgiving – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 2644)
- President Nelson: A message of hope and healing – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1135)
- Hogle Zoo hosts 'ZooLights' event for free throughout December (pageviews: 1046)
- How AI faces are being weaponized online (pageviews: 991)
- US agency ascertains Biden as winner, lets transiton begin (pageviews: 832)
- Ceremonial Temple groundbreaking Saturday in McAllen, Texas – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 734)