Officer shooting in Ogden under investigation, victim in the hospital
OGDEN, Utah — An officer shooting in Ogden is currently under investigation. It comes after an Ogden police officer shot and injured a man Tuesday night who was reportedly threatening officers with a shotgun and knife.
Police sent to home following dispatch call
Ogden Police say around 7 pm dispatchers received a call from a caseworker claiming an 18-year-old man was armed with a shotgun and threatening to kill himself. According to dispatch, the man was inside a home near the 800 block of 5th Street in Ogden.
Later, dispatch received another call saying two people were fighting with the man and that he still had possession of the handgun.
Suspect in “good condition,” shooting under investigation
The investigation is now being handled by the Weber County Attorney’s Office critical incident response team. According to Chief Watt, the officer’s body camera was turned on during the time of the shooting.
Today’s Top Stories
- Staff member at school in southern Utah arrested for alleged sexual abuse
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Air Force unveils newest stealth bomber aircraft
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success