How in person voting works in different counties along the Wasatch
LEHI, Utah – Saratoga Springs resident Melissa Smith voted in person at the Megaplex Theater in Thanksgiving Point in Lehi.
“I walked through. They scanned my ID. They printed a ballot. They said go fill it out and drop it off, and you don’t even have to drop it off right now,” Smith told KSL-TV
Both Utah and Davis counties are printing replacement paper ballots for those who wish to vote in person.
Utah County’s in-person voting centers will allow voters to take their ballots away, fill them out, and bring them back.
Election workers also told Smith she could fix any issues with her signature later.
Davis County Clerk/Auditor Curtis Koch told KSL-TV that their in-person voting locations will mostly offer drive-through service.
However, they will also be relying on paper ballots.
“What people need to understand is that if they come to early voting or they come on Election Day and ask for another ballot, we’re printing the same ballot that we mailed to you two weeks ago,” Koch said.
Davis County will also have ADA compliant voting machines available for those who need help voting.
Those voting in person in Salt Lake County, on the other hand, will use electronic voting machines.
People who want to turn in their mail-in ballots can also do so at drop boxes at in-person voting locations.
Today’s Top Stories
- Evan McMullin sues super PAC, three Utah news stations for defamatory ad
- Father and son found dead inside West Jordan home
- Pedestrian killed on NB I-15 in Ogden, another in critical condition
- Gov. Cox appoints John Luthy to the Utah State Court of Appeals
- Judge dismisses lawsuit alleging OB-GYN sexually assaulted over 100 women
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Former Utah Royals owner and coach named in women’s soccer abuse investigation
- Three schools in Tooele went into lockdown Tuesday afternoon
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- Interim superintendent is named for Salt Lake City School District