Early Voting: Track which states have surpassed 2016 voting numbers
The U.S. has already surpassed early voting numbers from 2016, with at least 79.1 million submitting their ballots nationwide. As a result, the country has hit roughly 57% of the total vote count from the 2016 general election.
Utah is on track to report record-breaking numbers this election as well, with 752,243 ballots processed as of Thursday. That’s about 66% of the total vote in 2016.
In fact, the Beehive State has far surpassed early voting numbers from the last presidential election — sitting at 219% of the advanced voting level in 2016.
Hover over different states to see where they stand compared to early voting in 2016.
The numbers come after massive increases in mail-in voting across the country in response to the coronavirus pandemic. With the increase of mail-in ballots, it’s unclear how soon election results will be released.
The expectation of results on Election Night is fairly new — but with the majority of votes coming in through the mail, it may take days before a race can be called.
In Utah, mail-in ballots will be counted if postmarked before Nov. 2 — which may result in an even longer wait time for results.
- KSL NewsRadio Election Guide
- Why are names on the ballot arranged that way?
- Why 2020 could be the year of the young voter
- Got multiple ballots? County clerks say your vote doesn’t count twice
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Is illness or poor air quality causing that cough?
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Park City man talks about watching Chinese balloon being shot down over his head in South Carolina
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Bill permitting pregnant people to use HOV lane passes House
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- Thousands of dead birds are washing ashore at the Great Salt Lake
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan