Orem among the top 25 best cities to Trick or Treat in America
OREM, Utah — Utah kids have a Halloween treat in their own backyard: Orem is on the list of the top 25 cities in the nation for trick or treating.
This year the number one spot on the top 25 cities in America to trick or treat went to Vacaville, California.
SmartAsset analyzes family friendliness, safety, weather, and candy and costumes.
Within those metrics, the rankings are based on the number of kids, single family housing density, crime rates, and the forecast.
But this year they also added in Covid-19 infection rates and that may have precipitated Orem’s fall on the list.
- The top 50 Halloween costume searches of 2020 includes Baby Yoda
- Health experts offer tips to reduce spread of COVID-19 on Halloween
- How to trick-or-treat safely across the United States this Halloween
- Nearly half of Americans say they won’t hand out Halloween candy
Orem consistently ranks near the very top of the list, changing places with Nampa, Idaho. The exception came in 2015, when Lehi was ranked number two and Orem number three.
Orem’s deputy city manager told the Daily Herald that trick-or-treating is a tradition for many families, and they hope they will stay safe this year.
Today’s Top Stories
- Wildlife officials, troopers, maneuver large herd of elk away from I-80
- Suspects in custody, lockdown lifted after shots fired at Taylorsville High
- Pedestrian hit and killed by UTA Frontrunner
- Large sinkhole shuts down portion of westbound 1500 North in Lehi
- Investigation of fatal accident at Provo airport includes witness statements
- Teachers at West High School walkout in of protest H.B. 215
- Bystander finds dead body in Salt Lake foothills above Beck Street
- Cottonwood Connect offers a new way to get up Cottonwood Canyons
- UHP: Semi rollover in Juab County has claimed at least one life
- Spanish Fork teacher is year’s first Jazz “Most Valuable Educator”